Whya re tasks only working with fakeredis?

Timothy Nott

Feb 18, 2014, 1:32:54 PM2/18/14
to action...@googlegroups.com
If I run with config.redis.fake=true my task schedules and runs perfectly

When I run with config.redis.fake=false the task does not run.

I am able to read/write with real redis for cached data.

Thoughts?

Evan Tahler

Feb 19, 2014, 3:18:01 AM2/19/14
to action...@googlegroups.com
I'm going to guess you already have an instance of that task enqueued within redis, and it's either stuck in a 'processing' state (seems likely if you never called next()) or is enqueued for really far in the future.  If you inspect the redis/resque keys, I'll bet you will find that job listed as being "worked on".  Clear out redis, and try again (redis-cli flushdb)

If you can't clear out your local redis, or want to look at the keyspace, I recommend Redis Commander.  You can also check out the enqueuePeriodicTask grunt CLI command to add another instance of that task into your server.

When actionhero boots, it runs api.tasks.enqueueAllRecurrentJobs(), which enqueues any recurring job you have defined in the project, but only if it is not already found in redis.

Timothy Nott

Feb 19, 2014, 11:17:24 AM2/19/14
to action...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for the lead and for putting up with my noob ?s !