actionhero html5 indexing

tiberius.alex...@gmail.com

May 13, 2013, 8:56:27 AM5/13/13
to action...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

I want to build an html5 application website with actionHero in the backend;
My problem right now is page indexing because i can fully send/receive json data between client browser and actionHero.

How can I make this website work for indexing bots like google?
Do i need to make a "static" version for this website in case the client is not html5 compatible? Using expressjs?

Regards

Evan Tahler

May 13, 2013, 4:36:06 PM5/13/13
to action...@googlegroups.com, tiberius.alex...@gmail.com
Frist, the good news: Google (and Bing) certainly can crawl dynamic sites and index them like a static site https://developers.google.com/webmasters/ajax-crawling/docs/getting-started.  They will also load up any JS on the page in <script> tags.

The bad news is that if you want content to be treated as a "page" you have to be pretty explicit in how you represent shebangs (#!) in your URLs.  Being that this is usually a "presenter" behavior, there's no notion of this in actionHero, but it would be very simple to for your client-side JS to parse the URL and use the #! as an actionName or other param to load in the data you want.