ActionComplete for Android has stopped synching for me.

mark1061

Nov 21, 2018, 8:52:59 AM11/21/18
to ActionComplete
I am running a Samsung Galaxy 8. Android Version 8.0.0. My Lic. does not expire until 9/14/19. Keep getting the error "Synch failed. Please make sure you are connected to the internet and your AC Web version is not expired"

ross fisher

Nov 21, 2018, 11:12:07 AM11/21/18
to actionc...@googlegroups.com
Mark,

I am told that synch no longer works for android because of changes in the base Android operating system. Sadly, I have moved to another system

Ross

On Wed, 21 Nov 2018 at 13:52, mark1061 <markma...@gmail.com> wrote:
I am running a Samsung Galaxy 8. Android Version 8.0.0. My Lic. does not expire until 9/14/19. Keep getting the error "Synch failed. Please make sure you are connected to the internet and your AC Web version is not expired"

Boris Burnayev

Nov 24, 2018, 3:19:44 PM11/24/18
to actionc...@googlegroups.com
Mark,

The sync between AC for Web and AC for Android is currently broken and won't be fixed for a long time if ever. As Ross mentioned in the thread, the underlying cause is a backwards-incompatible change in Android.

I'm working on a new, device-centric version of ActionComplete that puts sync front and center. For a variety of factors the development doesn't go as fast as I'd like it to, and I can't say when the new version will see the light of the day.

Here's what you can do:
  • Request the full refund of your AC for Web license ($19.99)
  • Use AC for Web in Chrome on your Android device. Not as convenient as the native app but works.
I'm truly sorry for the inconvenience.

Please let me know how you want to proceed by emailing sup...@actioncomplete.com.

Kind regards,
Boris Burnayev