ActionComplete for android: "Ordered"/"next" actions?

Feb 4, 2015, 7:33:50 AM2/4/15
to actionc...@googlegroups.com
Hello and good day to you.

It looks like like actioncomplete for android by default wants to just show ALL the tasks from all the projects in "actions" list. That's not very useful, though.
How do I specify that actions within certain project are supposed to be sequential? Meaning, until 1st one is completed, the next one shouldn't show up?

There IS such feature, right? Because I can't seem to find it.

Regards, V.

Boris Burnayev

Feb 4, 2015, 8:04:41 AM2/4/15
to actionc...@googlegroups.com
Previous generations of ActionComplete for Android had "Show Next Actions Only" option. The current version (3.x) doesn't have it so far as no one asked for it till now.

Kind regards,
Boris

Feb 4, 2015, 3:24:17 PM2/4/15
to actionc...@googlegroups.com
Thank you for your reply.

This is quite strange, since GTD book speaks quite a lot about planning. Meaning you process stuff from inbox, then plan/brainstorm it, making action list, and go through the actions one at the time. So it makes sense to have only one action visible per project.

Anyway, I've searched for alternatives, and it looks like having no support for action sequences is common problem with pretty much all "GTD" software. I guess I'll need to keep looking, adapt some completely different tool for gtd-style workflow or write my own tool.

Regards, V.

Nancy Smyth

Feb 8, 2015, 10:34:41 PM2/8/15
to actionc...@googlegroups.com
I would love to have that feature "Show Next Actions Only." I don't know how I missed it on previous versions!

Best,

Nancy
--
Nancy J. Smyth, PhD, LCSW
Dean and Professor

Boris Burnayev

Feb 8, 2015, 10:44:38 PM2/8/15
to actionc...@googlegroups.com
Nancy,

It's good to know you are interested in the feature. I'll schedule it for a future (hopefully not too distant one) release of AC for Android.

Kind regards,
Boris

Boris Burnayev

Feb 27, 2015, 7:04:46 AM2/27/15
to actionc...@googlegroups.com
The support for next actions has arrived!

Please check out this post on how to use the feature.

Kind regards,
Boris

Nancy Smyth

Feb 27, 2015, 12:34:24 PM2/27/15
to actionc...@googlegroups.com
Thanks so much, Boris, this is great!

Nancy

Nancy Smyth

Mar 2, 2015, 10:11:55 PM3/2/15
to actionc...@googlegroups.com
Boris, I love this feature, thanks again. Is there any way to get the web version to do this, as well? I have so many to dos (many, many projects) that the web view is a bit overwhelming without this feature.

Thanks,

Nancy

Boris Burnayev

Mar 2, 2015, 10:13:51 PM3/2/15
to actionc...@googlegroups.com
I can give it a try :-)

Kind regards,
Boris

Nancy Smyth

Mar 3, 2015, 11:11:29 PM3/3/15
to actionc...@googlegroups.com

That's great...I will be cheering you on!

Nancy