Show just next tasks

Rolando Flores

Aug 29, 2015, 3:16:31 PM8/29/15
to ActionComplete
Maybe it is just an usability recommendation I am looking for.

Since I try to get things off my head, each project is already filled with more than one action.
When looking to see the list of actions (to gain focus seeing what my day is going to be about).
I would like to see  a smaller set of actions to do.  But the list it too long to be useful.

Maybe there is a tag I can use to filter next action or something.
Maybe use the due date.

What do you use? What do you recommend?

Rolo

Boris Burnayev

Aug 29, 2015, 3:30:37 PM8/29/15
to actionc...@googlegroups.com
Rolo,

As it stands now, you could emulate the concept of next action in either of the following 3 ways:
  1. Assign the next action a special tag ("next action"?) and filter by that tag
  2. Assign the next action an elevated importance and filter by importance
  3. If the actions can be sequenced by due date, use it and filter by due date

For what it's worth, AC for Android has a basic support for next actions as described in this article.

We've been evaluating approaches to handling next actions consistently across the application suite.

Kind regards,
Boris Burnayev
ActionComplete
Your Streamlined GTD Toolkit

ross fisher

Aug 29, 2015, 3:31:40 PM8/29/15
to actionc...@googlegroups.com
When planning I tag .NextAction

using . brings it to the top of the list

Ross

Ross Fisher
Consultant Paediatric Surgeon
Sheffield Children's Hospital

alt email: ross....@sch.nhs.uk

D.22 Orange Wing
Sheffield Children's Hospital
Western Bank
Sheffield  S10 2TH

Tel:  0114 226 7565
Fax: 0114 271 7469

Rolando Flores

Aug 31, 2015, 11:40:19 AM8/31/15
to ActionComplete
Thanks for the tips

Rolo

Nancy J. Smyth

Aug 5, 2016, 12:35:46 PM8/5/16
to ActionComplete
Any chance that you are any closer to deciding to have "next action"  functionality on the web version, Boris? The "Next tag" and sorting solutions really don't work well for me -- I just have two much clutter on my general office GTD screen -- it's overwhelming and means that other tasks get buried.

Nancy

Boris Burnayev

Aug 5, 2016, 8:36:44 PM8/5/16
to actionc...@googlegroups.com
Nancy,

AC for Web is undergoing a major overhaul. The new version will support next actions in a straightforward way.

Kind regards,
Boris

Nancy Smyth

Aug 12, 2016, 2:45:10 PM8/12/16
to actionc...@googlegroups.com
Just found this in my spam...That's great news, Boris...something to look forward to!

Thanks,

Nancy