Menuinflater shows menu item on the bottom not in the actionbar.

Maikel Sibbald

Jan 14, 2015, 7:02:39 AM1/14/15
to actionba...@googlegroups.com
I'm trying to figure out how to but an extra menu item in the actionbar.

I've got these set:

getSupportActionBar().setCustomView(R.layout.actionbar_title);
getSupportActionBar().setDisplayOptions(ActionBar.DISPLAY_SHOW_CUSTOM | ActionBar.DISPLAY_SHOW_HOME);
getSupportActionBar().setDisplayShowHomeEnabled(false);
getSupportActionBar().setBackgroundDrawable(new ColorDrawable(Color.parseColor("#ca0087")));

First I thought it was the custom view but when I comment it out. It's still on the bottom of the screen.

This is how in inflate the menu

@Override
    public boolean onCreateOptionsMenu(Menu menu) {

        MenuInflater inflater = getSupportMenuInflater();
        inflater.inflate(R.menu.refresh_menu, menu);

        return super.onCreateOptionsMenu(menu);
    }

Any idea what I'm doing wrong and why it's showing at the bottom of the screen?

Maikel Sibbald

Jan 14, 2015, 7:18:29 AM1/14/15
to actionba...@googlegroups.com
Aaah whoops.... uioptions the manifest....

Thanks anyways.