Auditions continued...

Tiana

Apr 10, 2009, 3:02:07 AM4/10/09
to acting2
And me, being silly, forgot to post said monologues...sigh.

Male: I wrote it down earlier. (He takes out typed piece of paper;
reads) "I want to marry Prudence because all my life I keep
fluctuating between being traditional and being insane. For instance,
marrying Sally was my trying to be traditional, while sleeping with
the gas man or that time I took my clothes off in the dentist's office
were my going to the opposite extreme. But I'm not happy at either
extreme. And that's where Prudence fits in. I feel she's very
traditional, like Sally, but Sally has no imagination, she's too
stable. And I think that even though Prudence is very traditional,
she's very unstable and because of that I think we could be very happy
together." Do you understand what I'm saying?

Female: (while weeping) I don’t know. I’m upset you took your clothes
off in the dentist’s office because that means you must be insane, and
I thought maybe you weren’t insane but just sort of…lively. (Cries
some more)