Pedro's Evaluation

1 view

Pedro

Mar 19, 2009, 7:35:25 AM3/19/09
to acting2
First off I would like to praise Eric and Sally for for accomplishing
so much with so few rehearsals.

Oh, man I feel like I completely missed a important subtext in
Lysistrata that would give it so much more depth. I have felt it was
missing something for a while but I can not place it.

Taming of the Shrew was so much fun I cannot begin to describe every
rehearsal was a blast to look forward to, with clear goals and and
decisive actions, which I credit Shelly's focus and clear idea of what
she wanted. There was no awkwardness with Shelly about contact. There
are several points where I am picking her up throwing her and other
actions that require a sort of trust that isn't always apparent
between actors. I have known several actors the are very uncomfortable
with such physical contact. Shelly getting through that allowed me and
Shelly to add a whole new layer to the scene and deliver a version of
"Taming of the Shrew" that is ours.

Thanks Shelly couldn't have done it with out you, "especially the
slapping across the face" Beautiful!