Call for participation: College Library Director Mentoring Program

Megan Brooks

Jun 13, 2024, 3:19:24 PMJun 13
to acrl-n...@googlegroups.com
Dear Colleagues:

Do you know a new College Library Director?

Please consider encouraging a new colleague to join the College Library Director Mentoring Program. The program, now in its 31st year, is designed to enhance leadership capabilities of new college library directors, and to help them meet the unique challenges involved in directing libraries in small colleges. First year directors are assigned a mentor to listen and provide support throughout the year. There is also a series of webinars and a 3 day seminar in the spring. Topics are based on participants’ needs and may include planning, campus politics, and leadership issues.

A previous participant said:

Thanks to interactions with my mentor, the faculty of the program, and fellow participants I am better able to identify ways to move my institution forward in regard to assessment, policy making, and programming to better serve my college. Though it sometimes feels as if I'm scaling a mountain, it's encouraging to know that others have similar experiences and can testify to the fact that there are moments in which I'll be able to reach a vista and enjoy the beauty of the work that has been done.

Applicants must be new directors at a small college library (fewer than 3500 undergraduate FTE with at least a 4 year degree program) and cannot have previously been a director at a small college library. Additional information about qualifications and the application process is available on the Program website: http://acrl.ala.org/dirmentoring/

If you are interested in applying for the 2024-2025  cohort, please fill out the application form on the website. The deadline is July 15, 2024. The cohort is limited to 18 participants. The 2025 in person cohort seminar will be held March 29th to April 2nd. Because this is an ACRL Conference year, the hosting institution (TBA) will be located in the Minneapolis/St. Paul area.

Please contact co-directors Melissa Jadlos (mja...@sjfc.edu) or Lisa Johnston (john...@eckerd.edu) with any questions.

Cheers,
Megan Brooks
CLDMP cohort 2018-2019

Megan A. Brooks (Hear my name)
Dean of Library Services
Wheaton College (MA) - wheatoncollege.edu
508-286-3710brooks...@wheatoncollege.edu

Pronouns: she/her
Strengths: Strategic / Ideation / Positivity / Relator / Maximizer