Nominations Are Open! ACRL New England Chapter Board Elections

Michael Rodriguez

Mar 16, 2022, 11:28:37 AM3/16/22
to acrl-n...@googlegroups.com

The ACRL New England Chapter (ACRL/NEC) is accepting nominations for open positions on the Chapter Board of Directors, and we would love for you to join us! We are an all-volunteer organization that provides professional growth opportunities for academic and research library staff and library school students across New England.

Board membership is an opportunity for you to build leadership skills, network with peers and colleagues, develop new skills, and help shape the landscape of academic librarianship in New England.

What’s Available?

Current Volunteer Opportunities - If you see a position you are interested in pursuing, or know a colleague who might be interested, complete a nomination form. To learn more about these positions, read these statements from current and past Board members.

We are currently accepting nominations for the following positions:

  • Vice President/President-Elect (three-year term)

  • Secretary (two-year term)

  • Treasurer (one-year term as Treasurer-Elect, two-year term as Treasurer)

  • Maine State Representative (two-year term)

  • Rhode Island State Representative (two-year term)

  • Vermont State Representative (two-year term)

How Does This Work?

Nomination Form - Nominate yourself or someone else. Candidates nominated by others will be contacted and if the nomination is accepted, will be asked to provide a candidate statement and headshot. Candidate information will be posted on the ACRL/NEC website.

The nomination period for ACRL/NEC Board positions will close on Monday, April 11. Elections will be held in May. Candidates will be notified of the election results prior to the Chapter’s Annual Business meeting on June 1, 2022

If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to reach out to us! Kari and I have each served as Vice President, President, and Past President and will gladly answer your questions.

Sincerely,

Michael Rodriguez

Chair, Nominating Committee

michael.a...@uconn.edu

Kari Mofford

Past President

kmof...@umassd.edu

Rodriguez, Michael

Apr 26, 2022, 3:39:40 PM4/26/22
to acrl-n...@googlegroups.com
Hi everyone,

We have extended the nominations deadline for ACRL New England Chapter Board positions through Friday, April 22nd. Please consider nominating yourselves or others and encourage your colleagues to explore these opportunities!

I'm also happy to announce that the Chapter has implemented a new benefit for the Vice President/President-Elect and President. The Chapter will cover the costs of ALA and ACRL national memberships each year for these officers.

If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to reach out to us!

Thanks so much,

Michael Rodriguez

Chair, Nominating Committee

michael.a...@uconn.edu