Seeking Beta-Testers for CCAHA’s Collections Management Policy Toolkit

CCAHA Preservation Services

Jun 23, 2022, 6:12:11 PM6/23/22
to ACRL NEC News

The Conservation Center for Art & Historic Artifacts is looking for organizations to serve as beta-testers for our upcoming Collections Management Policy Toolkit (CMPT). Developed with funding from the Institute of Museum and Library Services (IMLS), the Toolkit is a free online tool that allows you to build a custom Collections Management Policy for your institution. Developed with help from nationally renowned experts in the collections management field, the CMPT will guide users step-by-step through the development process to create a policy that is uniquely tailored an organization’s collection and meets professional, ethical, and legal standards. We at CCAHA have been hard at work over the last year building out this tool and are excited to be entering one of the final phases of development: testing!

 Before officially launching the CMPT this fall, we are recruiting a small number of collecting institutions who will receive early access to the tool to test its functionality and help us ensure that the final product can serve a wide variety of organizations and collection types.  So whether you’re looking to build a Collections Management Policy from scratch or need to revise one that’s out-of-date, the CMPT is here to help!

 We want to ensure our beta testers represent a wide variety of institution types, sizes, and geographic regions, so we are asking all interested beta testers to share some details about their organization using the form here. If your organization is a good fit, we’ll be in touch with more details about the beta testing process and how to get started creating your very own Collections Management Policy!

 Please note: Organizations selected for beta testing will be expected to complete at least 75% of the policy-building process and report all feedback to CCAHA by August 15th. Before submitting, please consider any upcoming conflicts that may make it difficult to complete the testing in time.

 Best,

 Alanna Shaffer (she/her)

Preservation Services Coordinator

 CONSERVATION CENTER FOR ART & HISTORIC ARTIFACTS

 CCAHA.ORG