General Statement of Duties:
The Digital Initiatives and Technology Librarian administers, develops, and maintains Library technology services to improve the user experience and operations of the library.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Duties include but not limited to:
- Administer the library's website, integrated library system and link resolver (OCLC WorldShare Management Services), LibGuides, and other library services. Collaborate with library staff on integration and upgrade projects for these systems to improve
the user experience and/or improve staff workflows.
- Monitor best practices and trends in emerging technologies, and proactively research, recommend, and develop/adapt/implement technologically innovative services to match internal and external user needs.
- Serve as the technical lead for the library's institutional repository (IR) project, working closely with the IR Working Group and part-time IR technician.
- Provide leadership in exploring new technologies and their application in serving the mission of the library.
- Collaborate with other campus technology personnel, and participate in division-wide projects.
- Participate in the library's reference and instructional services programs on an as-needed basis.
- Participate in professional activities, continuing scholarship, and serve on University committees
- ALA-accredited Master of Library and Information Science or equivalent
- Working knowledge of the purposes and components of library management systems.
- Understanding of emerging library technologies and how they serve users.
- Demonstrated knowledge of website design and standards including CSS, usability testing, and accessibility requirements.
- Understanding of project management principles and practices.
- Evidence of ability to communicate with multiple constituencies in both technical and non-technical terms.
- Demonstrated ability to work with a diverse population of faculty/staff, students, and colleagues and foster a culture of inclusion.
- Strong problem-solving skills and ability to determine effectively the root cause of issues and implement the appropriate solution.
An on-line application is required. The successful candidate must submit an official transcript at the time of hire. Interested candidates should electronically attach the following documents:
- Cover Letter
- Contact information for three references *
- Copy of unofficial transcript of highest degree
* Provide the contact information for reference providers in the reference section of the online application.
Deadline: The job posting will be open a minimum of ten days and, if needed, will remain open until finalists have been selected.