Second Call for Proposals: ACRL NEC & NELIG Joint 2023 Annual Conference

Wentz, Erin

Feb 14, 2023, 3:54:08 PM2/14/23
to acrl-ne...@googlegroups.com

Hello ERMIG Members,

The ACRL NEC / NELIG joint annual conference is still accepting proposals. Share your awesome work!

2023 Joint Annual Conference Call for Proposals

ACRL New England Chapter (ACRL NEC) & New England Library Instruction Group

(A Special Interest Group of ACRL NEC)

June 5-6, 2023

This year’s ACRL NEC Annual conference theme is:

Welcome Back:  Looking Forward and Engaging Everyone

June 5, 2023

In Person Event

Hogan Campus Center - College of the Holy Cross

Worcester, MA

The New England Library Instruction Group (NELIG) theme is:

Welcome Back:  (re)Engaging Library Instruction

 June 6, 2023

Live Virtual Event

As an important academic resource and partner, we seek to impactfully engage our community and to have our communities positively engage with our libraries.   What are the ways in which you or your library are creating proactive, interactive, or engaging programming, services, resources, outreach, or instruction?  How is your library working or teaching in a forward looking way that opens the full breadth of the library and its collections and welcomes all students, faculty, and staff?

We invite you to creatively interpret the themes of the conference.  Proposal topics may include but are not limited to:

·       Engaging different campus groups in collection building or programming

·       Planning for and implementing new programs and instruction

·       Digitizing local collections

·       Re-imagining library spaces

·       Engaging staff and librarians in library leadership and development

·       Implementing new services that engage with library resources

·       Participating in faculty collaborations that benefit students

·       Making the library “accessible” to all students

·       Providing interactive and engaging instruction that holds attention

·       Educating faculty as learners

·       Building wellness and sustainability into instruction and new services

·       Creating opportunities for current and new staff and librarians

·       Collaborating with scholars on research

·       Leveraging technology in new ways

·       Digitizing and adding metadata to increase access and engagement

Proposal Due Date: February 24, 2023, 11:59pm EST

Submit your proposal and find details about session formats and submission requirements via our Proposal Submission Form.

Questions? Email the 2023 NELIG and ACRL/NEC Program Planning Committee at annualco...@acrlnec.org

Mark Shelton, ACRL NEC Vice President

Laura Hogan, NELIG Co-Chair

Jillian Maynard, NELIG Co-Chair

We are looking forward to learning what you have been doing!

Erin, Conference Programming Committee Member

Erin Wentz
Electronic Resources Librarian, Assistant Professor
Library and Learning Resources
Massachusetts College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences
179 Longwood Avenue | Boston MA 02115
erin....@mcphs.edu