Jack and Jill

James Baster

Mar 31, 2016, 4:27:33 AM3/31/16
to acra-d...@googlegroups.com
Has anyone had a look into how this new system will impact things?

http://tools.android.com/tech-docs/jackandjill

Specifically, I'm thinking of how this effects ProGuard support and the use of the external ProGuard library, retrace.jar. This is pretty essential for those of us that use this to de-obsfucate stack traces. ( http://www.brokenopenapp.org/ *cought**cought*</plug>)

For one thing, I note:

> Jack is compatible with "rule" rule types, but is not compatible with "zap" or "keep" rule types.

Thanks,
James

--
Tech events around town http://opentechcalendar.co.uk/
and collaborative calendars for all http://ican.hasacalendar.co.uk/ (open data & open source)

William Ferguson

Apr 1, 2016, 4:15:36 PM4/1/16
to acra-discuss
JackAndJill isn't really specific to ACRA.

I can't really imagine that Google will do anything to hurt the Proguard integration with Android.
I'd expect your obfuscated stacktraces to be able to be unwound using a mapping file for a long long time yet.

William