ACRA remove certain type of errors

Dragos Ivanov

Nov 10, 2016, 9:53:55 AM11/10/16
to acra-discuss
Hi,

Is it possible to remove certain type of errors from the reports? For example Connection type ones?

Thank you

William Ferguson

Nov 10, 2016, 11:16:31 PM11/10/16
to acra-discuss

Sure. Catch them and handle them within your app.

Dragos Ivanov

Nov 11, 2016, 6:02:00 AM11/11/16
to acra-discuss
Hi,

I`m not saying about catching and handling errors inside the app. I`m talking about the ACRA reports. For example the app is sending now a report like this

customReportContent = {
ReportField.REPORT_ID,
ReportField.APP_VERSION_CODE,
ReportField.APP_VERSION_NAME,
ReportField.PACKAGE_NAME,
ReportField.ANDROID_VERSION,
ReportField.PHONE_MODEL,
ReportField.BRAND,
ReportField.CUSTOM_DATA,
ReportField.USER_APP_START_DATE,
ReportField.USER_CRASH_DATE,
ReportField.STACK_TRACE,
ReportField.LOGCAT,
ReportField.EVENTSLOG,
ReportField.RADIOLOG,
ReportField.DEVICE_ID,
ReportField.INSTALLATION_ID,
ReportField.ENVIRONMENT,
ReportField.AVAILABLE_MEM_SIZE,
ReportField.TOTAL_MEM_SIZE
}

That means that is sending all the errors. I want to make it stop sending all and send just a few of them.

William Ferguson

Nov 11, 2016, 5:11:54 PM11/11/16
to acra-discuss
ACRA has no in built mechanism to do this because ACRA was designed to report all application crashes.
You are trying to get it to not report some application crashes.

You could replace ACRA's UncaughtExceptionHandler with your own that then delegates to ACRAs if you want a crash to be reported.

What is an example stacktrace of one of these crashes that you want to ignore?

William

F43nd1r

Nov 12, 2016, 1:51:42 PM11/12/16
to acra-discuss
If you want to exclude certain Execptions, that means you know where and why these exceptions occur and have chosen to ignore that error. In this case you should catch the exception as close as possible to the location where they occur to document that these exceptions are knowingly ignored in that specfic code block. ImO allowing filters on reported exceptions would promote bad style, as it would be pretty hard to understand why an excpetion type was previously filtered (because the filter is not linked to the crashing code at all). This could also suppress important exceptions because they share a type with an ignored exception.

Dragos Ivanov

Nov 14, 2016, 4:04:12 AM11/14/16
to acra-discuss
I do not have an example, but I would like to ignore all Connection type exceptions.