java.lang.Exception: Report requested by developer

Tomcat

Apr 10, 2011, 8:19:32 PM4/10/11
to acra-discuss
Hi,

I received crush report which stack trace is:

java.lang.Exception: Report requested by developer
at org.acra.ErrorReporter.handleException(SourceFile:512)
at org.acra.ErrorReporter.handleException(SourceFile:575)
at net.DailyTimer.CalendarAlarmHelper.CalendarAlarmService
$UpdateListTask.onPostExecute(SourceFile:1)
at android.os.AsyncTask.finish(AsyncTask.java:417)
at android.os.AsyncTask.access$300(AsyncTask.java:127)
at android.os.AsyncTask$InternalHandler.handleMessage(AsyncTask.java:
429)
at android.os.Handler.dispatchMessage(Handler.java:99)
at android.os.Looper.loop(Looper.java:123)
at android.app.ActivityThread.main(ActivityThread.java:4627)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invokeNative(Native Method)
at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit
$MethodAndArgsCaller.run(ZygoteInit.java:858)
at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit.main(ZygoteInit.java:616)
at dalvik.system.NativeStart.main(Native Method)

Question 1)
In .CalendarAlarmService$UpdateListTask.onPostExecute, there is a
line:

ErrorReporter.getInstance().handleException(null);

And I guess this ends up exception but I can't figure out why.

Question 2)
In many stack traces, source file name and line number are not
correct. For above example,

at net.DailyTimer.CalendarAlarmHelper.CalendarAlarmService
$UpdateListTask.onPostExecute(SourceFile:1)

SourceFile: 1 is not correct. Since I'm using proguard I run retrace.
And I see this wrong info for onPostExcecute of AsyncTask. It seems
I'm getting correct info for other context.

Do I need to do other thing to make it work correctly for AsyncTask?

Tomcat

Apr 11, 2011, 7:25:52 PM4/11/11
to acra-discuss
Hi,

I understood

> java.lang.Exception: Report requested by developer

is telling us that null was given to
ErrorReporter.getInstance().handleException. So first question was
solved.

2nd question is still alive. Does anyone have this issue for
AsyncTask?

Manu Misra

May 17, 2016, 8:20:04 PM5/17/16
to acra-d...@googlegroups.com
I had same issue but not in AsyncTask.
hence I assume for you as well AsyncTask wasn't the real issue.
Can you explain how did you get past it?
For me as well application is crashing at this line:
ErrorReporter.getInstance().handleException(exc, shutDownFlag);
I am using ACRA 4.3.0 on Android 4.4.2