Is there a way to download audio fingerprints via the web service?

jlewi...@gmail.com

Mar 29, 2021, 10:41:09 AM3/29/21
to AcoustID
Hi all!

I'm currently working on a personal project to let users build a virtual record collection, and to use their microphone via their laptop to quickly match the song they are listening to from their record collection and then display artwork/trivia/information on the browser.

I'm aware that acoustid does not provide this service so my alternate plan was to build my own server and do the following:

1. When they add a record to their collection, download any fingerprints to a backend and analyse the audio fingerprints for later comparison.
2. When they are listening, correlate this stream with fingerprints found on the backend and match with their subgroup (record collection)
3. return any matches

I want to try and avoid downloading the dataset for acoustid, which leads me to my question for you guys.. Is it possible to download an audio fingerprint using acoustid's web service?

Using this URL, I can see it displays information for this fingerprint, but I'm really not sure at the moment how to get access to this data apart from downloading the dataset and storing it myself.

Any help would be much appreciated!

Best,

Jack