Problem with Picard submitting fingerprints to AcoustID

Richard Murison

Aug 19, 2021, 12:00:48 PM8/19/21
to acou...@googlegroups.com
FYI, I also posted this on the MetaBrainz Community forum.  Not sure where the best place is to be asking this.

I don’t know if this is a Picard problem or an AcoustID problem. It has happened before, and at that time it was an AcoustID problem.  When using Picard to submit fingerprints to a MusicBrainz release (via AcoustID) I hit the Submit AcoustIDs button and Picard reports “AcoustID submission finished successfully”, but when I inspect the Recordings on MusicBrainz afterwards it reports that the recordings do not have any Fingerprints associated to them.  Can anybody say whether or not AcoustID/MusicBrainz is aware of this, and if so, if anything is being done about it?

Regards,

Richard Murison

Thierry Andry

Jan 7, 2022, 12:59:56 PM1/7/22
to AcoustID
Hello Richard,

I was passing by to check if submission is still apparently stalled. And it seems so.
Your problem is probably related to

Picard is able to submit the fingerprint (hence successful) but the submission stays in pending/processing stage.
Looks in Picard logs for the submission id and check its status with following request on AcousticID server api
I've just re-tried from my past months submissions and they're still in pending.

Cheers.

Benjamin

Feb 4, 2022, 7:09:28 AM2/4/22
to AcoustID
Experience the same problems with submissions staying in "pending"-state for a longer time. According to the stats-page of acoustid, there should be daily additions. Is anyone able to submit entries?
I had contact via facebook where i got the answer "Thank you for the report, I was not aware of any problems but I'll check." but no further response or change in situation for two weeks now