Wolf Dictionary and Acorns Language revitalization program updates

dan

Aug 30, 2016, 4:56:47 PM8/30/16
to ACORNS

With significant help from Wayne Leman working with the Cheyenne tribe, an updated version of the WOLF 2.0 application is available. The new version represents refinements to fully be able to import language dictionaries created using MDF format and corrects a variety of other issues that we came across. All of the MDF markers are now properly supported.

Wolf 2.0 also creates web-sites and mobile versions that display using the Android and Apple Acorns Gallery apps. In the Fall, we are hoping to be able to add two export options. These will enable dictionaries output in RTF format and enable creation of web-pages independent of the Mobile application. Both of these options allow for user-defined templates that determine the printable format.

On another issue, Dave Sienko working with the Tulalip language reported an issue where Acorns web-pages and mobile apps were not compatible with some recent iPhone devices. This issue has been corrected and Acorns version 8.3, and the Acorns Mobile application is now available for download.

Finally, The Android Acorns Gallery application now better supports importing from DropBox and Google Drive.

Wolf and Acorns software are both free for non-commercial use. Downloads and documentation are available at http://cs.sou.edu/~harveyd

Thanks for listening, dan