Case (in-)sensitivity in Windows

Paul Lalonde

Nov 22, 2012, 7:39:07 PM11/22/12
to acme...@googlegroups.com
Has anyone got something equivalent to trfs that drops filenames to lower case?
I have to work in Windows land again, and MS's broken compilers drop reported error paths to lower case, breaking right-click to open.  I figure something to squash all windows paths to lower case for me would let me work around this.

Thanks,
    Paul

Caerwyn Jones

Nov 23, 2012, 1:22:34 PM11/23/12
to acme...@googlegroups.com
Seems like it'd be a small change to the tr() function inside trfs.b to handle that case.  I thought Salva had at one point implemented a more general trfs that took arguments similar to tr, But I can't find reference to it now.