win

Luis Otero

Apr 15, 2011, 11:31:41 AM4/15/11
to acme...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
I use Acme on windows.
Is it possible to change the shell started by the win command? In
plan9 you can use $shell but acme refuses to start with it.

Thanks, L.

schakal synthetisch

Apr 15, 2011, 10:46:42 PM4/15/11
to acme-sac
Hi,

On Apr 15, 11:31 am, Luis Otero <lote...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Is it possible to change the shell started by the win command?

win will run the executable given as its argument instead of the
shell,
if there is one, so for example you can exec "win os cmd".

There are other options but that's probably the cleanest of them.

papaventos

Apr 17, 2011, 4:51:16 AM4/17/11
to acme-sac
Thanks.

I am using rc (plan 9 shell) in windows (compiled with cygwin) and it
works fine started with "win os rc.exe -l -i".

I am trying to "re-write" the built-in cd command (as suggested in
http://plan9.bell-labs.com/magic/man2html/1/acme) as
fn cd { builtin cd $1 && awd $sysname }

but I can't get awd.dis working. Both acme-0.13/sys/emu/Nt/emu awd.dis
and acme-0.13/sys/emu/Nt/acme awd.dis crashed.

And "/cygdrive/d/acme-0.13/Acme.exe /acme/dis/awd.dis /l" didn't
crash but the window title didn't change.

Any idea?

Thanks for your time.

Arvindh Rajesh Tamilmani

Apr 17, 2011, 1:10:58 PM4/17/11
to acme...@googlegroups.com
> I am using rc (plan 9 shell) in windows (compiled with cygwin) and it
> works fine started with "win os rc.exe -l -i".
>
> I am trying to "re-write" the built-in cd command (as suggested in
> http://plan9.bell-labs.com/magic/man2html/1/acme) as
>        fn cd { builtin cd $1 && awd $sysname }
>
> but I can't get awd.dis working.

a simpler way is to setup the rc environment
to send out a special control sequence on cd,
and have acme-sac win update its label.

please see http://9fans.net/archive/2010/05/498.

it may be necessary to rewrite the 'pwd' output
in http://swtch.com/usr/local/plan9/bin/awd.
for example, pwd.exe from 9pm prints
<drive>:<path>, which should be rewritten
as /n/<drive>/<path>, to enable b3 on
relative file names.

i use this trick when i launch cygwin shell
from acme-sac and also when i ssh to
solaris workstations with u9fs running.

arvindh

papaventos

May 5, 2011, 1:37:16 PM5/5/11
to acme-sac
Works fine!.

Another one..... how do interrupt a shell inside Acme (Ctrl+C doesn't
work)?

Thanks,
-luis
On 17 abr, 19:10, Arvindh Rajesh Tamilmani <arvin...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > I am using rc (plan 9 shell) in windows (compiled with cygwin) and it
> > works fine started with "win os rc.exe -l -i".
>
> > I am trying to "re-write" the built-in cd command (as suggested in
> >http://plan9.bell-labs.com/magic/man2html/1/acme) as
> >        fn cd { builtin cd $1 && awd $sysname }
>
> > but I can't get awd.dis working.
>
> a simpler way is to setup the rc environment
> to send out a special control sequence on cd,
> and have acme-sac win update its label.
>
> please seehttp://9fans.net/archive/2010/05/498.
>
> it may be necessary to rewrite the 'pwd' output
> inhttp://swtch.com/usr/local/plan9/bin/awd.

roger peppe

May 5, 2011, 2:26:27 PM5/5/11
to acme...@googlegroups.com
On 5 May 2011 18:37, papaventos <lot...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Works fine!.
>
> Another one..... how do interrupt  a shell inside Acme (Ctrl+C doesn't
> work)?

you close the window.

no interrupt in inferno, only kill, i'm afraid.