Lock-ups on Acme-SAC on two different OS's.

Joseph Stewart

Oct 2, 2012, 3:41:48 PM10/2/12
to acme...@googlegroups.com, inferno-list
Hello list(s),

I'm doing my annual "try to fall in love with Acme" push. I've been using the heck out of it to learn Limbo & the shell through all the nice docs web pages out there (thank you).

I've had a few lock-ups after executing a few shell commands (haven't found a pattern or offending command yet).

I use Acme-SAC in binary form from the website on two different OS's:

Windows 7 64-bit
Ubuntu 11.04 64-bit

I'm kind of fishing before I re-build either of these w/debugging enabled to see if I'm in the minority or if any of you have had similar problems.

-joe

Erez Schatz

Oct 2, 2012, 4:25:42 PM10/2/12
to acme...@googlegroups.com
On Ubuntu, I'd suggest going with plan9 from Userspace
(http://swtch.com/plan9port/) which is a straight port of many plan9
tools, including Acme (and Sam)
--
Erez

Stop software patents

Joseph Stewart

Oct 3, 2012, 11:11:02 AM10/3/12
to acme...@googlegroups.com
sadly i spend 90% of my time on a windows target

nvictor

Oct 8, 2012, 8:02:46 PM10/8/12
to acme...@googlegroups.com
Hi Joseph,

I am also using the Windows 64bit binary. What external commands have you tried to execute ? I will try them my machine and see how it goes.