Blurry font on Windows?

plus 852

May 28, 2012, 6:41:51 PM5/28/12
to acme-sac
Is there a way to fix the font blurriness on Windows? I think what I'm
getting at is whether there's a way to turn of antialiasing for acme-
sac, but I'm not sure if that's it or not. Thanks.

nvictor

Sep 26, 2012, 9:43:35 PM9/26/12
to acme...@googlegroups.com
Hey there,

I think it has something to do with the Vera font, and maybe Windows itself. I have tried other fonts that did not look blurry.

To do this you have to a new sets of fonts (fixed and variable pitch) in your profile. But here's the thing, when I did, I found that I like the Vera font better than anything else. YMMV though.

I found already formatted sets of fonts in the Inferno distribution: http://code.google.com/p/inferno-os/downloads/list. Copy the ones you want to try.

Then run ACME and navigate to your profile file (it should be in /usr/lib/profile). Check the lines on which the fonts are set and change them appropriately.

I will come back to this post if I find something about the blurry Vera font.

nvictor

Sep 26, 2012, 11:43:10 PM9/26/12
to acme...@googlegroups.com
Hey,