change keyboard shortcuts

Jason Catena

Oct 27, 2010, 11:35:40 AM10/27/10
to acme-sac
How do I change and add keyboard shortcuts in Acme SAC? I know how to
do this in Plan 9 port (change /lib/keyboard and re-mk devdraw), but
this doesn't seem to be how one does it in Acme SAC. I've removed the
heavy black bars from Acme, so I know how to run limbo and replace a
dis file.

Caerwyn Jones

Oct 27, 2010, 9:15:21 PM10/27/10
to acme...@googlegroups.com
What kind of shortcut? Some, like the control keys, are handled by
acme application.

Caerwyn Jones

Oct 27, 2010, 9:32:08 PM10/27/10
to acme...@googlegroups.com
For the shortcuts for composing characters I think this is the file
you need to look at. /sys/emu/port/latin1.[ch]

Jason Catena

Oct 27, 2010, 11:42:23 PM10/27/10
to acme-sac
Thanks much, that looks likely, and I grasp the format. Would I be
able to incorporate that into an acme executable or acme dis file, or
wherever it needs to be, with just the install of Acme SAC in
Windows? I tried re-limbo-ing /appl/acme/acme.b, but as I guessed
that does not directly use /sys/emu/port/latin1.h. Running mk in /sys
or /sys/emu complains about 9c not being around, so do I need a
plan9[port] install to recompile whatever executable (emu, perhaps)
acme needs it in to recognize the changed key combinations?