Wichita MakerSpace

Jens

Aug 17, 2012, 10:12:33 AM8/17/12
to aclug-di...@googlegroups.com
Hello.  I am part of a group of individuals working to start a MakerSpace in Wichita.  Assuming you are familiar with the concept (check out the wikipedia article if you aren't), I would like to hear what the members of ACLUG think of the idea of starting a space here.  Is there a way a MakerSpace would benefit ACLUG?  Perhaps it could be a place to hold meetings and work on projects?

Any input would be appreciated.  You can also follow our Facebook page to keep up to date with our progress.

http://facebook.com/MakeICT

Jens

Apr 22, 2013, 2:16:50 PM4/22/13
to aclug-di...@googlegroups.com
If you haven't been following our progress, we now have a physical "makerspace" set up in the back of the Bluebird Arthouse in Delano.  Every other Monday we have open public hours starting at 7 pm if you would like to stop by and check it out.  We will be there this evening.  That being said, we have had quite a few computers and related items donated to the space and would like to get some of them set up on an intranet.  We will probably work on that some this evening if anyone with experience is interested in stopping by to help us out.

Some additional info is available at the MakeICT group: