is there anybody left here?

Michael Holmes

Jan 3, 2013, 8:58:10 PM1/3/13
to aclug-di...@googlegroups.com
Hello;

is there anybody left in ACLUG?

Mike Holmes

Nate Bargmann

Jan 8, 2013, 6:53:23 AM1/8/13
to aclug-di...@googlegroups.com
Well, I'm still subscribed to the list.

- Nate

John Goerzen

Jan 8, 2013, 8:16:54 AM1/8/13
to aclug-di...@googlegroups.com, Michael Holmes
I still lurk in these parts.

-- John

Lowell

Jan 8, 2013, 9:47:08 AM1/8/13
to aclug-di...@googlegroups.com
</lurk> Nobody but us chickens <lurk>

Jason Klein

Jan 8, 2013, 10:05:10 AM1/8/13
to aclug-di...@googlegroups.com
I continue to lurk as well.

The website that www.aclug.org used to redirect to is no longer online:

http://aclug.neuralmatrix.org/
We are undergoing scheduled maintenance. Please check back later!

Current Mailing List:
http://groups.google.com/group/aclug-discussion/

Original Mailing List (archives):
http://dir.gmane.org/search.php?match=aclug

I will use the original website layout for this page.
http://web.archive.org/web/20020926143617/http://www.aclug.org/

I will coordinate the necessary DNS changes with John Goerzen.

Please reply if you have other requests, ideas or suggestions for the aclug.org page(s).

Jason

erick shorter

Jan 8, 2013, 9:47:36 AM1/8/13
to aclug-di...@googlegroups.com
YUP YUP YUP
--
Erick Shorter
Integrated Components, Inc.

Robert Hendrickson

Jan 8, 2013, 7:29:13 AM1/8/13
to aclug-di...@googlegroups.com

I am here as well, but I live in Jacksonville Fl now.

Jeremy Jones

Jan 8, 2013, 10:11:18 AM1/8/13
to aclug-di...@googlegroups.com
Yup, lurking and unemployed... thanks Mike.

Dale Hodge

Jan 8, 2013, 10:34:37 AM1/8/13
to aclug-di...@googlegroups.com
I didn't realize that aclug still pointed to the web space I manage.  I can put something back up there, but I didn't think it was being used so I didn't restore it afer my last server crash.  BTW, we've also got a page on google: https://sites.google.com/site/aclug1/ which I thought was linked to.

--Dale

Tom Wallis

Jan 8, 2013, 9:33:35 AM1/8/13
to aclug-di...@googlegroups.com
Me too.

T W

Mike Barushok

Jan 8, 2013, 5:38:46 PM1/8/13
to aclug-di...@googlegroups.com
Still in.

Mike Barushok

Clint A Brubakken

Jan 8, 2013, 5:59:13 PM1/8/13
to aclug-di...@googlegroups.com

Your dictator-for-life is here also.

John Alexander

Jan 8, 2013, 6:41:06 PM1/8/13
to aclug-di...@googlegroups.com, Michael Holmes
Ditto

ja
--
John Alexander
Owner, Alexicom Computing

patric conant

Jan 8, 2013, 8:00:19 PM1/8/13
to aclug-di...@googlegroups.com

I'm in, as long as it's free.

Michael Gichoga

Jan 8, 2013, 8:02:05 PM1/8/13
to aclug-di...@googlegroups.com

Present

Nathaniel Reynolds

Jan 9, 2013, 10:34:29 AM1/9/13
to aclug-di...@googlegroups.com
I'm here also.  Running Debian stable.

Nate Reynolds

Howard Banks

Jan 9, 2013, 11:49:33 AM1/9/13
to aclug-di...@googlegroups.com
hl banks present, ubuntu, lubuntu, suse, and remix, don't make many comments but here anyway

Mike Burks

Jan 9, 2013, 1:57:22 PM1/9/13
to aclug-di...@googlegroups.com

Presently lurking.

Bruce Bales

Jan 9, 2013, 5:22:03 PM1/9/13
to aclug-di...@googlegroups.com
I'm here, too.
bruce Bales

Olwe Bottorff

Jan 9, 2013, 9:53:47 PM1/9/13
to aclug-di...@googlegroups.com
I'm just lurking at this point -- as I'm doing with the whole Internet . . . and the whole modern sci-tech thing in general.

After a journeyman career in computers, mainly database, I threw in the towel and decided to become a Luddite. One of the great frustrations I've had with sci-tech is all the math, i.e., all the algorithms and formulae. One day it occurred to me that God doesn't do any of this! No! He's omnipresent and omniscient, for Christ's sake! That means he doesn't deal with any sort of math, algorithms, no graph theory, no Lambda Calculus, no nodes or networks, no databases where stuff has to go to be stored so it can be taken out again. Nope. God knows about everything everywhere instantly. So wake me up when sci-tech gets interesting again. For example, let me know when somebody has figured out how to "entangle" data (see quantum physics) so that data doesn't have to go live in a database and be checked in and out over networks. (Note: I will permit hard-/software networks, just like quantum is based on "fields with waves.") For a time I thought Haskell and functional programming would cotton onto such things -- but not yet apparently.

But I still use Linux on older, humbler hardware. . . .

Does this answer your question?

Larry Bottorff
Grand Marais, MN (formerly of Hesston & Moundridge KS)

Tom Hull

Jan 9, 2013, 10:04:55 PM1/9/13
to aclug-di...@googlegroups.com
On 01/03/2013 07:58 PM, Michael Holmes wrote:
I'm still here in Wichita. Felt bad when I noticed that the aclug.org website went offline, since I had volunteered to build it, started out too ambitious, then retreated too far. Did the same thing with wichitapeace.org -- the successor there is still
online, but otherwise close to nothing. Would be willing to help reestablish a web presence.

--
/*
* Tom Hull -- http://tomhull.com/

David Carmichael

Jan 9, 2013, 11:00:50 PM1/9/13
to aclug-di...@googlegroups.com
I have been a ghost in the machine..

But does anybody here (in the Wichita Area) need a 5port 10/100 hub/switch, I updated all my hardware to 10/100/1000 network and that took care of a shuddering when I would play programs from one of my DirecTV HD-DVR in my whole house set-up.
I have two of them to give away?

Also does anybody know of anybody that would feel a HP/COMPAQ SR5601P 2GBMemory+keyboard+mouse+lightscribe DVD-R/+R Drive+WindowsVistaCODA+LCD Monitor on system would be worth $20.00 {1600 XBox Points) <= Notice I did not list a hard-drive as this computer was used at a law firm and I have to destroy the hard-drive due to federal court data had been stored on it.
I live in my own little world. But it's OK. They know me here.
Growing older is mandatory...Growing up is optional...   Wii Address: 0441-6820-0158-3757 / Mario Kart Wii: 3052-0348-5504
Stamp.Com: Tell-A-Friend and receive up to $20 in Free Postage, We all know somebody who can benefit from using Stamps.com.  If you successfully register for Stamps.com and remains a customer after the trial period you could also benefit from a valuable $100.00 offer just for signing up:  www.stamps.com/tell  :Your Tell-A-Friend Promo Code is: C-3QTM-N49
DirecTV Tell-A-Friend: $100.00 in bill credits on top of their best offers for new customers.  You can order: online: www.Directv.com/refer / calling 1-800-507-4045.  You will need my account number when you order to get the $100 credit.  Make sure to refer to my DIRECTV account number:  214250

Steven Saner

Jan 9, 2013, 10:41:52 PM1/9/13
to aclug-di...@googlegroups.com
Checking in, no traffic.

Steve

Steven Saner <st...@saner.net> KD0IJP
Andover, Kansas USA

Ollie Angell

Jan 9, 2013, 7:27:09 PM1/9/13
to aclug-di...@googlegroups.com

Ya, I'm still here, but I'm pretty much a nobody so I doubt that anybody cares much one or the other.

Why did you ask, if you don't mind me asking?

Thanks,

Ollie Angell

Date: Thu, 3 Jan 2013 17:58:10 -0800
From: aeros...@gmail.com
To: aclug-di...@googlegroups.com
Subject: [aclug-L] is there anybody left here?

Jeremy Jones

Jan 10, 2013, 11:00:14 AM1/10/13
to aclug-di...@googlegroups.com

Nope, I sure don't know of anyone in need of computer equipment.  I have decided to move the hell away from computers and IT as long as I am in this part of the country, there are far too many workers willing to work for pennies to make the market here worthwhile.  Plus there appear to be too many cutthroats in this market just waiting for one to slip before they pounce.

So I've went back into electronics where I can actually work and make a living.  And while on that subject, does anyone know where I might pick up a digital oscilloscope with at least 40Mhz bandwidth and dual channels?  (And please don't say the internet or Amazon!  LOL)

Jeremy

Nate Bargmann

Jan 10, 2013, 3:56:36 PM1/10/13
* On 2013 10 Jan 09:37 -0600, Steven Saner wrote:
> Checking in, no traffic.

Reads just like an amateur radio operator checking into a net!

Ryan

Jan 10, 2013, 5:27:35 PM1/10/13
to aclug-di...@googlegroups.com
ACLUG DX from Denver, I haven't lived in the Air Capitol in a good while but I'll remain on the list until its shutdown.

73s
-Ryan / N4YRE

Steven Saner

Jan 10, 2013, 4:11:14 PM1/10/13
On 01/10/2013 02:56 PM, Nate Bargmann wrote:
> * On 2013 10 Jan 09:37 -0600, Steven Saner wrote:
>> Checking in, no traffic.
>
> Reads just like an amateur radio operator checking into a net!
>
> - Nate

Figured several people here would pick up on that.

A local Linux + Amateur Radio discussion list might be an interesting thing.

Nate Bargmann

Jan 10, 2013, 6:56:33 PM1/10/13
* On 2013 10 Jan 17:42 -0600, Steven Saner wrote:
> On 01/10/2013 02:56 PM, Nate Bargmann wrote:
> > * On 2013 10 Jan 09:37 -0600, Steven Saner wrote:
> >> Checking in, no traffic.
> >
> > Reads just like an amateur radio operator checking into a net!
> >
> > - Nate
> >

> Figured several people here would pick up on that.
>
> A local Linux + Amateur Radio discussion list might be an interesting thing.

Welcome aboard, Steve and Ryan.

Besides John and myself, that doubles the ham count on this list to
four!

Since this list has been rather quiet of late, perhaps the others won't
mind a few threads of Linux in the hamshack from time to time?

- Nate, N0NB

Dale Hodge

Jan 10, 2013, 7:05:01 PM1/10/13
to aclug-di...@googlegroups.com
For $20 I'd be interested. It'd be a step up from what I'm using now for my file server. :-)  And it wouldn't hurt to have a backup switch in case what I'm using now fails.  If nobody else claims them I'll take them.

--Dale

Robert Williams

Jan 11, 2013, 11:19:47 AM1/11/13
to aclug-di...@googlegroups.com

Lurks here, too.

Ryan Frederick

Jan 11, 2013, 9:32:07 PM1/11/13
to aclug-di...@googlegroups.com
Make that five. Got my ticket last year and am just starting to setup a
proper station.

I've been a lurker for a while. I wasn't aware of ACLUG before I left
Wichita after high school, so I never was at any physical meetings. I
participated a bit in the North Central Kansas LUG in Beloit while I was
going to school at K-State Salina and also while working at Fort Hays
State. Currently I'm down in Stillwater working at Oklahoma State. Day
to day I mainly use FreeBSD with some Debian and CentOS thrown in as needed.

On an amateur radio tangent does anyone here try to make it to
Hamvention in Dayton yearly? Last year was my first time there, and it
was quite a good bit of fun.

Ryan, KF5PFU

Nathaniel Reynolds

Jan 12, 2013, 1:23:11 AM1/12/13
to aclug-di...@googlegroups.com
With me, the radio amateur number for this list is 6.  My call is KI0KG.

Nate R.

On Thursday 10 January 2013 5:56:33 pm Nate Bargmann wrote:
> * On 2013 10 Jan 17:42 -0600, Steven Saner wrote:
> > >
> > > Reads just like an amateur radio operator checking into a net!
> > >
> > > - Nate
> >
> > Figured several people here would pick up on that.
> >
> > A local Linux + Amateur Radio discussion list might be an
> > interesting thing.
>
> Welcome aboard, Steve and Ryan.
>
> Besides John and myself, that doubles the ham count on this list
> to four!
>
> Since this list has been rather quiet of late, perhaps the others
> won't mind a few threads of Linux in the hamshack from time to
> time?
>
> - Nate, N0NB

Put me down as an amateur too, K0PIX. Although haven't been active
for many years.
bruce

Dale Hodge

Michael Holmes

Jan 14, 2013, 9:59:40 AM1/14/13
to aclug-di...@googlegroups.com
Excellent, I'll passes the link on

Michael Holmes

Kansasdude (Dale)

Jan 14, 2013, 2:25:43 PM1/14/13
to aclug-di...@googlegroups.com
A mobile optimized version of Aclug is now online as well. I'd forgotten to add that extension to the CMS system that runs aclug.org. For anyone interested, I'm using PivotX ( http://pivotx.net ) as the CMS

--Dale

TONY BOGARDUS

Jan 22, 2013, 6:21:15 AM1/22/13
to aclug-di...@googlegroups.com
I just joined the group again. Is the group still having meetings at WSU? I keep meaning to go but I don't drive.