UHF antenna installer?

David Carmichael

Mar 11, 2014, 11:48:09 PM3/11/14
I have been looking for a local UHF antenna installer?
Can you suggest one?
Per my signal meter on my TV I am only getting a 45% signal using my 20 year old VHF/UHF Radio Shack Antenna at where I live (near the Starlite Drive In) which means I do not receive a strong enough signal to view "LOW POWER DIGITAL SIGNALS" ( I need a 50% or greater to lock in a signal.)

:David

"Time spent with cats is never wasted." - Sigmund Freud
I live in my own little world. But it's OK. They know me here. Growing older is mandatory... Growing up is optional...
Stamp.Com: Tell-A-Friend and receive up to $20 in Free Postage, We all know somebody who can benefit from using Stamps.com.  If you successfully register for Stamps.com and remains a customer after the trial period you could also benefit from a valuable $100.00 offer just for signing up:  www.stamps.com/tell  :Your Tell-A-Friend Promo Code is: C-3QTM-N49

Nate Bargmann

Mar 12, 2014, 7:21:32 AM3/12/14
to aclug-di...@googlegroups.com
* On 2014 11 Mar 22:51 -0500, David Carmichael wrote:
> I have been looking for a local UHF antenna installer?
> Can you suggest one?
> Per my signal meter on my TV I am only getting a 45% signal using my 20
> year old VHF/UHF Radio Shack Antenna at where I live (near the Starlite
> Drive In) which means I do not receive a strong enough signal to view "LOW
> POWER DIGITAL SIGNALS" ( I need a 50% or greater to lock in a signal.)

Hi David.

While you may benefit from a new antenna, it's more likely that water
ingress into the various connections and weathering of the transmission
line between the antenna and your TV are hurting your reception. Any
where there is a connection there is a point for a bit of corrosion to
form over time and cause a loss of signal including the connection of
the transmission line to the antenna. Don't be surpised if the person
that looks at your antenna also recommends replacing the transmission
line. Be certain the installer weatherproofs the connections on the new
line (more than just black tape).

- Nate

David Carmichael

Mar 12, 2014, 8:39:04 AM3/12/14
to aclug-di...@googlegroups.com
Nate:
Thanks for the suggestion, but about five years ago, after a bad install by DirecTV they came out and and to reinstall all my external cables and, all connections were/are 'Silicon' sealed.
Mainly.. at the time of purchase, twenty years ago, I was mainly looking at receiving KWCH-12 / KPTS-8 VHF and the antenna is very directional, it has great mileage, when pointed directly at the transmitter, but has very little off axis signal reception.
:David

"Time spent with cats is never wasted." - Sigmund Freud
I live in my own little world. But it's OK. They know me here. Growing older is mandatory... Growing up is optional...
Wii Address: 0441-6820-0158-3757 / Mario Kart Wii: 3052-0348-5504 / XBox 360 ID: FrontwardLeaf6