Wanted: Low Profile PCIe Back Plate For Serial/Video Card.

David Carmichael

Aug 6, 2011, 6:15:27 AM8/6/11
to Air Capital Linux
Wanted: Low Profile PCIe Back Plate For Serial/Video Card

By chance have any of you purchased a video card that came with an optional low profile VGA back plate that you will never use?
((What I really need is a DB9 Serial back plate, but since the VGA and DB9 are basically the same size..))

As you might remember I was looking for a serial card to fit a low profile case, found a two port card which works great from Supermediastore on close out/sale for $10.00 W/shipping... only trouble was/is ...it came with only one back plate adapter for low profile. Should of been two in the box and it was factory sealed.  The re-seller is sold out and will not be getting anymore in stock and is offering a refund for the whole package... but the next price point I can find is $35.00 w/S&H.

By the way... does anyone want a Prolific Chip Set USB -> Serial adapter, I have two one USB1.0 and one USB2.0... they seem to work but just not with the software/hardware combo that I was trying to use it with for X-10 control.
I also have a AMD Sempron CPU system that I will give away... either the power supply, case switch, or something worse has gone bad as the system will no longer power up... it has two DVD+RW drives, two harddrives and floppy drive, WinXP on the harddrives and CODA on case.

:David