Linux for Kids

Jens

Jan 8, 2013, 11:53:48 PM1/8/13
to aclug-di...@googlegroups.com
Today I saw this article on Lifehacker, written by John Goerzen.  I was surprised to see that he is a local.  The article inspired me to try something with my 2 and 3 year olds.  I have tried helping them use a Windows system with a mouse, but they just can't get the hang of it.  They always want to type, so I'm thinking a Linux install without a GUI might be worth trying. I have a couple old laptops that I think can be repurposed for the kids.

Anyone have any suggestions as to what to try with them?

John Goerzen

Jan 9, 2013, 11:43:48 AM1/9/13
to aclug-di...@googlegroups.com, Jens
Hi Jens,

I'm glad you enjoyed the article. I've actually written quite a bit on this sort oof topic. You can find some other ideas here:

http://changelog.complete.org/archives/category/technology/children-computing

I'd enjoy hearing what you wind up doing.