cpan ack install failing on macOS Mojave

Brian L. Matthews

Oct 19, 2019, 5:16:20 PM10/19/19
to ack-...@googlegroups.com
I'm moving to a new machine and installing all the perl stuff I use,
including ack. I'm installing via cpan, and make test is failing.
Scrolling through the output, it looks like most (if not all) failures
are because of the output:

Insecure $ENV{BASH_ENV} while running with -T switch at t/Util.pm line 381.

when the tests aren't expecting any output or some other error.

I'm using the standard perl (v5.18.4) that comes with Mojave, and I'm
running as a non-privileged user with things set up so anything I
install goes in a local directory I own (if that matters).

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Brian

Andy Lester

Oct 19, 2019, 5:57:23 PM10/19/19
to ack-...@googlegroups.com

> On Oct 19, 2019, at 4:16 PM, Brian L. Matthews <blmat...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> I'm moving to a new machine and installing all the perl stuff I use, including ack. I'm installing via cpan, and make test is failing. Scrolling through the output, it looks like most (if not all) failures are because of the output:
>
> Insecure $ENV{BASH_ENV} while running with -T switch at t/Util.pm line 381.

What's the number of the version it's trying to install?