Colorizing by filetype

20 vues

Andy Lester

non lue,
21 mars 2019, 14:46:3521/03/2019
à ack-...@googlegroups.com
Dear #ack users,

What do you think of a feature where you could tell ack to display different filenames according to filetype, similar to how ls supports LS_COLORS? Maybe you would want Rust files to be brownish, and PHP are "blink bold red on_yellow", etc. Would you use it?

Thanks,
Andy & Bill

A.J. Bonnema

non lue,
21 mars 2019, 14:58:1321/03/2019
à ack-...@googlegroups.com

I would only use it if the text would be illegible if I don't. Usually I am pretty happy with the default. On the other hand, it couldn't hurt if it was configurable.

Kind regards, Guus.

David Cantrell

non lue,
26 mars 2019, 11:17:0926/03/2019
à ack-...@googlegroups.com
On Thu, Mar 21, 2019 at 01:46:18PM -0500, Andy Lester wrote:
> Dear #ack <https://twitter.com/hashtag/ack?src=hash> users,
>
> What do you think of a feature where you could tell ack to display different filenames according to filetype, similar to how ls supports LS_COLORS? Maybe you would want Rust files to be brownish, and PHP are "blink bold red on_yellow", etc. Would you use it?

Yes, I think I would. Different colours for code and test and
documentation files, for example.

--
David Cantrell | semi-evolved ape-thing

Erudite is when you make a classical allusion to a
feather. Kinky is when you use the whole chicken.
Répondre à tous
Répondre à l'auteur
Transférer
0 nouveau message