ruby: no such file to load -- cgi (LoadError)

Geert De Deckere

Feb 10, 2009, 2:18:00 PM2/10/09
to ack dev/users
I installed Ack via the commandline:
$ cd ~/Library/Application\ Support/TextMate/Bundles
$ git clone git://github.com/protocool/ack-tmbundle.git Ack.tmbundle

Running it in TextMate makes this error pop up: “ruby: no such file to
load -- cgi (LoadError)”.

Anybody has a clue how to fix it? Thank you.

Andy Lester

Feb 10, 2009, 4:03:26 PM2/10/09
to ack-...@googlegroups.com

I don't know that anyone on here is familiar with the TextMate
bundle. It's a separate repackaging of the command-line tool.

xoxo,
Andy

--
Andy Lester => an...@petdance.com => www.petdance.com => AIM:petdance

Geert De Deckere

Feb 10, 2009, 4:31:10 PM2/10/09
to ack dev/users
Hmm, okay. Well, I hope somebody is familiar with the TextMate bundle,
which can be found here, by the way:
http://github.com/protocool/ack-tmbundle/tree/master
> Andy Lester => a...@petdance.com =>www.petdance.com=> AIM:petdance

Alex Soto

Feb 10, 2009, 5:29:49 PM2/10/09
to ack-...@googlegroups.com
LoadError is a typical error when a library is 'required' but is not
found. I'm not familiar with how textmate uses ruby (although I do
use textmate and the ack bundle). From the error it's probably a
"require 'cgi'" that failed to find the cgi library. Thats normally
part of a standard ruby install.

Go into irb and type "require 'cgi'" and see if that gives you errors
too.

Alex

Geert De Deckere

Feb 11, 2009, 12:37:07 PM2/11/09
to ack dev/users
> Go into irb and type "require 'cgi'" and see if that gives you errors
> too.

Could you explain "irb" to me? I'd be grateful.

Alex Soto

Feb 11, 2009, 12:41:13 PM2/11/09
to ack-...@googlegroups.com
run 'irb' from the command line. Its an interactive ruby console.

You should check out www.ruby-lang.org to learn more.

Good luck,
Alex

Geert De Deckere