New GitHub repo

Andy Lester

Mar 3, 2017, 10:37:51 AM3/3/17
to ack development
https://github.com/petdance/ack3

I'm going to start putting design docs etc in here. You may want to star/watch it.

--
Andy Lester => www.petdance.com

Will Coleda

Mar 3, 2017, 10:42:21 AM3/3/17
to Andy Lester, ack development
Hi -

Mostly lurking, but I'm curious - what's the advantage to setting up a
new repository as opposed to versioning in the old one? (I do realize
the precedent was already set with ack vs. ack2)
> --

Will "Coke" Coleda

Andy Lester

Mar 3, 2017, 11:07:54 AM3/3/17
to Will Coleda, ack development

> On Mar 3, 2017, at 9:42 AM, Will Coleda <wi...@coleda.com> wrote:
>
> Mostly lurking, but I'm curious - what's the advantage to setting up a
> new repository as opposed to versioning in the old one? (I do realize
> the precedent was already set with ack vs. ack2)

Reducing brain clutter. Reducing file clutter. They're going to be radically different.

Bill Ricker

Mar 3, 2017, 11:55:16 AM3/3/17
to Andy Lester, ack development
Where / how do you want ack3 feature proposals queued ?

Andy Lester

Mar 3, 2017, 11:56:49 AM3/3/17
to Bill Ricker, ack development

> On Mar 3, 2017, at 10:54 AM, Bill Ricker <bill....@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Where / how do you want ack3 feature proposals queued ?

Not there yet. Just saying the repo exists for your starring enjoyment.

Edward Avis

Mar 6, 2017, 9:21:52 AM3/6/17
to ack development
Thanks.  Is ack2 development going to be stopped?

Andy Lester

Mar 6, 2017, 9:58:48 AM3/6/17
to Edward Avis, ack development

On Mar 6, 2017, at 8:21 AM, Edward Avis <e...@membled.com> wrote:

Thanks.  Is ack2 development going to be stopped?

I don’t know at this point.  I suspect it will only be bugfixes from here on out.  I’m not going to change any behavior like -w.

Packy Anderson

Mar 8, 2017, 8:07:14 PM3/8/17
to Andy Lester, Edward Avis, ack development

Is it too soon to fork ack3? ;-)

Bill Ricker

Mar 8, 2017, 8:14:57 PM3/8/17
to Packy Anderson, Edward Avis, ack...@googlegroups.com, Andy Lester

On Mar 8, 2017 8:07 PM, "Packy Anderson" <packya...@gmail.com> wrote:

Is it too soon to fork ack3? ;-)

I was tempted to give Andy a PR with my suggested  enhancement ideas ... ☺