Link in manpage for Emacs integration is dead

Packy Anderson

Feb 25, 2017, 3:21:04 PM2/25/17
to ack...@googlegroups.com
This is the latest version on the Wayback Machine I could find.  Would it be appropriate linking to this, or hosting the ack.el file on the beyopndgrep.com site itself?

https://web.archive.org/web/20110907090433/http://www.shellarchive.co.uk/content/emacs.html

Andy Lester

Feb 27, 2017, 12:37:28 AM2/27/17
to Packy Anderson, ack...@googlegroups.com

> On Feb 25, 2017, at 2:20 PM, Packy Anderson <packya...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> This is the latest version on the Wayback Machine I could find. Would it be appropriate linking to this, or hosting the ack.el file on the beyopndgrep.com site itself?

It should come out of the docs entirely. I certainly don't want to stick a 9-year-old Emacs file that I can't do anything, must less maintain, in the ack repo.

I made a ticket. https://github.com/petdance/ack2/issues/628 Thanks for bringing it to my attention.

--
Andy Lester => www.petdance.com