ack 2.14 has been released to CPAN and on beyondgrep.com

Andy Lester

Sep 4, 2014, 12:59:49 AM9/4/14
to ack-an...@googlegroups.com
Changes since 2.12 follow.

2.14 Wed Sep 3 22:48:00 CDT 2014
====================================
[FIXES]
The -s flag would fail to suppress certain warnings. Thanks, Kassio
Borges. (GitHub ticket #439)

The -w flag would fail to work properly with regex features such as
alternation. Thanks to Ed Avis for the report (GitHub ticket #443)

The -g flag should now work faster on larger codebases. Thanks to
Manuel Meurer for the report (GitHub ticket #458)

[ENHANCEMENTS]
ack now ignores JavaScript and CSS source maps. Thanks, Chris
Rebert.

ack now ships with customized shell completion scripts for bash and zsh.

2.13_06 Sat Jan 25 23:36:09 CST 2014
====================================
[FIXES]
More fixes for Windows tests. Thanks to GitHub user @ispedals.

[ENHANCEMENTS]

Add docs for available colors in ack.

2.13_05 Thu Jan 9 22:41:33 CST 2014
====================================
[FIXES]
More whack-a-mole with Windows failures. This time, it's POSIX::mkfifo
dying on Windows instead of returning undef like the docs implied,
or at least that I inferred.

[ENHANCEMENTS]
--create-ackrc keeps the comments that describe each of the options,
and it shows the ack version number.

2.13_04 Sat Jan 4 11:17:28 CST 2014
====================================
[FIXES]
Fixed incorrect deduping of config files under Windows. Thanks,
Denis Howe.

2.13_03 Thu Jan 2 22:23:03 CST 2014
====================================
[FIXES]
More build fixes for Windows. Windows config finder fixes from
James McCoy.

t/ack-named-pipes.t uses POSIX::mkfifo instead of the external
command, which should be more portable. Thanks, Pete Krawczyk.

[ENHANCEMENTS]
Now ignores Cabal (Haskell) sandboxes. Thanks, Fraser Tweedale.

Added filetypes for Jade, Smarty and Stylus. Thanks, Raúl Gundín.

2.13_02 Fri Dec 27 12:54:27 CST 2013
====================================
[FIXES]
The building of ack-standalone relied on the output of `perldoc
-l`, which I apparently can't rely on having been installed. I've
changed the way that the squash program finds File::Next.

2.13_01 Wed Dec 25 13:36:08 CST 2013
====================================
So this is Christmas
And what have you done
I'm sitting here hacking
On ack 2.13_01
-- via Pete Krawczyk

[FIXES]
Issue #313: ack would fail when trying to check files for readability
on some networked filesystems, or on Mac OS X with ACLs. Now it
uses the filetest pragma. Thanks, Jonathan Perret.

[INTERNALS]
ack's entire test suite now runs under Perl's -T taint flag. We'll
build more security tests on top of this.

Added some checks to the squash program that I hope will turn up
errors in the Windows builds.

--
Andy Lester => www.petdance.com