Somebody out there to test with ?

macbroadcast

Mar 3, 2011, 12:47:52 PM3/3/11
to acis.p2p.users
hey cybercitizens,

great project

Just installed on my windblows XP BOX xD

P2P Address: DZA5HUU7UYUFZXRF3L7TXNE3DPGYMEH4

i just have noone to chat with *LOL*

cheers

--
Les enfants teribbles - research / deployment
Marc Manthey- Vogelsangerstrasse 97

certainly don't reflect those of any other entity (legal or
otherwise).

Pierre St Juste

Mar 3, 2011, 12:50:29 PM3/3/11
to acisp2...@googlegroups.com
Sorry, the test server is down, I will add you P2P address to my Windows
XP instance, I should pop up soon.

Pierre St Juste

Mar 3, 2011, 12:56:01 PM3/3/11
to acisp2...@googlegroups.com
Also, you have to allow me to connect to you by clicking allow button.
You can test windows shares with

\\pwinxp.sdns

Let me know if it works.

macbroadcast

Mar 3, 2011, 4:21:59 PM3/3/11
to acis.p2p.users

On 3 Mrz., 18:56, Pierre St Juste <pton...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Also, you have to allow me to connect to you by clicking allow button.
> You can test windows shares with
>
> \\pwinxp.sdns
>
> Let me know if it works.

mentioned the outage ;)

i addet you yep, you appear in my list now...

I wanna try with instand messages , what todo.........?

Pierre St Juste

Mar 3, 2011, 4:48:40 PM3/3/11
to acisp2...@googlegroups.com
Unfortunately, we do not provide instant messaging built-in, we are
currently working on a prototype distributed twitter idea which can
serve as a crude message broadcasting system (that will be public for
beta testing in a few weeks). SocialVPN, as of now, only provides
network connectivity, we are still exploring more social applications to
be built on top of it. Thank you for trying out SocialVPN.

In the mean time, you can ping my machine or test Windows Shares.

macbroadcast

Mar 3, 2011, 5:17:44 PM3/3/11
to acis.p2p.users

On 3 Mrz., 22:48, Pierre St Juste <pton...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Unfortunately, we do not provide instant messaging built-in, we are
> currently working on a prototype distributed twitter idea which can
> serve as a crude message broadcasting system (that will be public for
> beta testing in a few weeks).

WOW , Well, text would be a nice , when you want to get
social.....;))
The pages are last modifyed in 2008 , you think this will ever
happen ?

http://test.sdns does not work for me.

> In the mean time, you can ping my machine or test Windows Shares.

> > > \\pwinxp.sdns

What will this command do ?

Sorry i am an orignal mac user since 1994 , just using PC for testing
purposes.

thanks !

Pierre St Juste

Mar 3, 2011, 5:22:39 PM3/3/11
to acisp2...@googlegroups.com
On Thu, 2011-03-03 at 14:17 -0800, macbroadcast wrote:

> On 3 Mrz., 22:48, Pierre St Juste <pton...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Unfortunately, we do not provide instant messaging built-in, we are
> > currently working on a prototype distributed twitter idea which can
> > serve as a crude message broadcasting system (that will be public for
> > beta testing in a few weeks).
>
> WOW , Well, text would be a nice , when you want to get
> social.....;))
> The pages are last modifyed in 2008 , you think this will ever
> happen ?

Wordpress only shows when the page was created.

> http://test.sdns does not work for me.

Doing some debugging on the test server, should be up soon.

> > In the mean time, you can ping my machine or test Windows Shares.

> What will this command do ?
>
> Sorry i am an orignal mac user since 1994 , just using PC for testing
> purposes.

We are a bit short on resources, we do hope to have Mac support in the
future, it's on our todo list. But we encourage external contributions
especially from someone with Mac experience.

> thanks !

Pierre St Juste

Mar 3, 2011, 5:33:50 PM3/3/11
to acisp2...@googlegroups.com
Also, you can use Pidgin/Empathy with Bonjour support to chat. Bonjour
uses multicast for local chat service discovery, then you will
automatically see your friends in your IM client. I am currently running
my Pidgin client right now, I'm not sure if you have Pidgin installed on
your machine and you will need Bonjour installed on windows.

http://support.apple.com/downloads/DL999/en_US/BonjourPSSetup.exe

http://www.pidgin.im/download/

macbroadcast

Mar 3, 2011, 5:42:02 PM3/3/11
to acis.p2p.users

On 3 Mrz., 23:33, Pierre St Juste <pton...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Also, you can use Pidgin/Empathy with Bonjour support to chat. Bonjour
> uses multicast for local chat service discovery, then you will
> automatically see your friends in your IM client. I am currently running
> my Pidgin client right now, I'm not sure if you have Pidgin installed on
> your machine and you will need Bonjour installed on windows.
>
> http://support.apple.com/downloads/DL999/en_US/BonjourPSSetup.exe
>
> http://www.pidgin.im/download/

hey again ;)

I am using Pidgin and bonjour on my XP machine allready , i am excited
what might happen !!