how to increase number of machines

1 view

P. Oscar Boykin

Jul 12, 2010, 12:11:56 PM7/12/10
to acisp2...@googlegroups.com
David/Renato,

I remember you mentioning that there is a local setting controlling on
how many machines a job is submitted. How do I set that higher?

I'd like to use as many as is reasonable for a somewhat long (~1 week,
I think) running job.

Best,
--
P. Oscar Boykin                            http://boykin.acis.ufl.edu
Assistant Professor, Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering

David Isaac Wolinsky

Jul 12, 2010, 2:01:16 PM7/12/10
to acisp2...@googlegroups.com
This should work, but its untested:

sudo bash
echo "MAX_JOBS_RUNNING = NUMBER" >
/opt/grid_appliance/etc/condor_config.d/99jobs
condor_reconfig
exit

(Replace NUMBER below with how many you want to run concurrently.)

Regards,
David

P. Oscar Boykin

Jul 13, 2010, 3:36:27 PM7/13/10
to acisp2...@googlegroups.com
That worked, but I also did the condor_reconfig for schedd, which I
think is what is actually controlling how many jobs are scheduled.

Thanks!