acer_acpi 0.11 RC2 released

Carlos Corbacho

Jan 8, 2008, 10:54:47 AM1/8/08
to aceracpi...@googlegroups.com
Hello all,

The next testing release of acer_acpi is out - 0.11 RC2.

http://aceracpi.googlecode.com/files/acer_acpi-0.11_rc2.tar.bz2

So, changes this time are:

1) Autodetection of devices has now been added to AMW0 V1 laptops.

Testing of this would be very useful, especially on any non-Acer laptops.

2) Autodetection of mail LED on AMW0 V1 and V2.

I'm not entirely certain if this is correct. So, please test (especially if
you have an AMW0 V2 laptop without the mail LED, to check that we can tell
it's not there).

3) Fixes for AMW0 V2 laptops.

I had reports that on the older laptops of this category (e.g. Aspire 5040),
that we were able to read the correct value, but enable wireless and
bluetooth. So we'll now use the WMID and AMW0 methods to make sure we really
turn these devices on.

4) Medion MD 98000 EC fix - this AMW0 V1 laptop doesn't use the same EC
register for reading wireless as all the other older laptops. Also, if anyone
else has a non-Acer AMW0 laptop, please check that the values read back
from /proc/acpi/acer are correct (for Fujitsu-Siemens, at least, I'm told
these are correct - but I don't know how many other rebranded Wistron laptops
are floating around out there).

-Carlos
--
E-Mail: car...@strangeworlds.co.uk