acer_acpi 0.11 released

1 view

Carlos Corbacho

Feb 8, 2008, 9:17:11 AM2/8/08
to aceracpi...@googlegroups.com, acer...@googlegroups.com
Hello all,

The next, and probably last, stable release of acer_acpi is out - 0.11

http://aceracpi.googlecode.com/files/acer_acpi-0.11.tar.bz2

So, the changes from 0.11 RC4 are:

1) Make acer_acpi work on OpenSuSE 10.3's default 2.6.22 kernels.

2) Fix mail LED value returned on WMID laptops

Changes since 0.10 are:

1) Add device autodetection for all laptops - this means the 'bluetooth'
and 'mailled' files in /proc will only appear if we can detect such a device.

2) Make acer_acpi work on OpenSuSE 10.3's default 2.6.22 kernels.

3) Fix mail LED value returned on WMID laptops

4) Add EC quirks for Acer Aspire 9110 and Medion MD 98300.

5) Restore the old 'INSTALL' file which went missing a few releases back

Also, two other 3G related asides: If you have, or know anyone who does, have
an Acer laptop that has a 3G card built in (i.e. not just the button), please
get in touch with me, as we need more data before we are able to auto-detect
3G (for now, the sysfs file is always created on WMID & AMW0 V2 laptops).

And, if you have a laptop with a 3G button, regardless of whether you have the
card or not - I'm also interested in what scancode the 3G button produces if
pressed/ switch produce if moved (i.e. what, if any, error message appears in
dmesg, or what keycode is produced?). If you're unsure how to find this out,
get in touch with me anyway.

-Carlos
--
E-Mail: car...@strangeworlds.co.uk