Reply to CODA from Andrew Naire / Arts Council England

CODA

May 13, 2011, 7:13:12 AM5/13/11
to acedigi...@googlegroups.com

To the Council of Digital Arts,

Thank you for your letter of 28 April to myself, Liz Forgan and Alan Davey, in which you proposed an ongoing dialogue about future investment in digital culture.  The Arts Council would very much welcome this, particularly as many of the issues and questions you raise we are currently debating and discussing with artists and arts organisations.  To this end, we would like to make a detailed and formal response to your letter at the end of June.

One of those discussions will of course be on Saturday at the Future Everything conference. Arts Council Relationship Manager Lucy Dusgate will be coming along to this meeting. Lucy will be there very much in a listening capacity at this time, rather than to give any detailed responses to your letter. She will ensure that views represented are fed back to her colleagues.

I hope that this exchange, and the discussion on Saturday,  is the beginning of a longer and productive conversation. I also hope that through dialogue with you and with the wider sector, we can work together to achieve the goals and priorities set out in our strategic framework, Achieving great art for everyone.

Yours sincerely,

Andrew Nairne

Executive Director, Arts

Arts Council England

14 Great Peter Street

London

SW1P 3NQ

http://www.artscouncil.org.uk

Arts Council England is the trading name of the Arts Council of England registered charity no. 1036733

The information in this e-mail is for the named recipient(s) only. If you are not the intended recipient, be advised that you have received this email in error and that any use, dissemination, forwarding, printing, or copying of this email is strictly prohibited.

The contents of this message will not be in any way binding upon Arts Council England. Opinions, conclusions, contractual obligations and other information in this message, in so far as they relate to the official business of Arts Council England must be specifically confirmed in writing.

Additionally, the information contained in this email may be subject to public disclosure under the Freedom of Information Act 2000.

Arts Council England does not accept liability for any virus, spyware or malware introduced by this e-mail.
_

Sarah Cook

May 17, 2011, 6:40:33 AM5/17/11
to acedigi...@googlegroups.com
Hello all
sorry to have missed the meeting in manchester at FutureEverything, while I was in Canada at the Banff Centre battling against naive corporate understandings of media art practice (not a Banff Centre member of staff I should say but a hired facilitator for meetings about the future of digital media - rather depressing).
Will someone be posting minutes or a report on what was discussed?
Sarah

Pauline van Mourik Broekman

May 18, 2011, 5:49:22 AM5/18/11
to acedigi...@googlegroups.com
Hi Sarah,

Yes... sad to have not had you there - it was very interesting and productive.

I am sure that Rachel B took notes, and said she would circulate these or possibly publish them on the coda2coda.net site. Since the discussion was quite long and involved, I'm not sure how long this will take; perhaps she herself has a sense of that - Rachel?

In addition, a lot of other people took notes, including Lucy Dusgate who, as you can see in the Andrew Nairne email below, was there 'in a listening capacity' on behalf of ACE.

All bests,
Pauline.
--
Pauline van Mourik Broekman
Director

W: http://www.metamute.org
W: http://www.openmute.org
E: pau...@metamute.org

Don't miss our...

Critical history of global networked culture:
PROUD TO BE FLESH: http://www.metamute.org/ptbf

Reader on political art in creative cities:
NO ROOM TO MOVE: http://www.metamute.org/nrtm

Whole nine yards:
MUTE ARCHIVE, 1994-2008: http://www.metamute.org/archive