Coda2Coda.Net needs a link

James Wallbank

Jul 29, 2011, 5:58:18 AM7/29/11
to acedigitaluncut
Dear All,

In order to involve more people in this discussion, I suggest that the Coda2Coda website needs an update to include a link to this group.

I also suggest that using Coda2Coda to disseminate Andrew Nairne's response from ACE (so people can see a dialogue going on) would be balanced, and might suggest a further response.

I wonder whether Coda2Coda might also include the text of, (or if copyright prohibits this, a link to) Charlotte Frost's "Digital Cuts" article in Artists' Newsletter.

What do you think?

Best Regards,

James
=====

Gary Thomas

Jul 29, 2011, 6:15:06 AM7/29/11
to acedigi...@googlegroups.com
I think yes! But it means expecting someone (Honor?) to do the necessary..

I agree it's important that the dialogue is visible, and that things like Andrew Nairne's response can get some public reaction/discussion..

gt

pau...@metamute.org

Jul 29, 2011, 7:18:22 AM7/29/11
to acedigi...@googlegroups.com
Yes, I agree. Us smaller group who convened after the meeting to help write up conclusions in a letter (also Simon P, and Rachel B and Sarah C) haven't had much time to be very attentive to things online... Neither wrt the site nor to this list - apologies for that.

For me, Andrew Nairne's response brought so little new, unscripted and different from what one can read anywhere in existing strategy documents that, while it's nice to see him/them reiterate a general principle of commitment to creative practice and all things uncontroversial, it just seemed that putting more energy in to debate and engagement with ACE's official 'voices' - when so little critical intensity and rigour is brought to the party from their side - was not, err, very appealing - or productive.

I'm sure all of us will have learned from it though, and have smaller, perhaps more and less visible, debates, and in time may have these surface here and on coda2coda - and even, let's hope, official policy or, god forbid, actual funding decisons (!).

I'm also happy to help put up links etc.

Pauline

Honor Harger

Jul 30, 2011, 6:31:59 AM7/30/11
to acedigi...@googlegroups.com, Simon Poulter
Hi all,

I haven't got any admin rights to Coda2Coda website. But Simon
Poulter might be able to help?

Best,

Honor

Taylor Nuttall

Aug 1, 2011, 4:08:12 AM8/1/11
to acedigi...@googlegroups.com, acedigi...@googlegroups.com, Simon Poulter
Supported, sorry also had my head mostly down last month, probably this month too.

Taylor Nuttall (private e-mail)
digit...@gmail.com
@digitaylor

CEO
Folly
taylor....@folly.co.uk
www.folly.co.uk
@follydigitalart

Variant

Aug 22, 2011, 7:04:03 AM8/22/11
to acedigi...@googlegroups.com
Digital as promotional ('enhancement of larger organisations at the expense of smaller ones'), in Scotland as in England...
All best,
Leigh

++++++++++++++

You are invited to attend a digital ‘webinar’ on Wednesday, 7 September in The Mackintosh Lecture Theatre of The Glasgow School of Art (full schedule / info below). This event is co-hosted by GSA and AmbITion, a national organisation that promotes digital development in the cultural sector. The afternoon will be of interest to individual artists, designers, and anyone interested in the creative use of technology and digital media as a tool for the dissemination of creative activities.

The webinar will be an in-depth case study of the live and online production by National Theatre Scotland of Five Minute Theatre
It will explore the issues and opportunities of digitizing live, cultural experiences; crowdsourcing content; and building online audiences.

More info and links available via the GSA Cultural Engagement Events website:
http://www.gsaevents.com/ambitionwebinar7sept

AmbITion Getting Digital Webinar
Five Minute Theatre, in an Hour
Wed 7 Sept 2011
1.30 – 4.15pm
 Mackintosh Lecture Theatre, Glasgow School of Art

This webinar co-hosted by AmbITion Scotland and The Glasgow School of Art is an in-depth case study of the live and online production by National Theatre Scotland of Five Minute Theatre. It will explore the issues and opportunities of digitizing live, cultural experiences; crowdsourcing content; and building online audiences.

AmbITion Scotland events are designed with Scottish creative and cultural organisations and individual artists in mind.  On 21 June 2011, an entire day was filled with five minute pieces of theatre, performed live in front of audiences all over Scotland, that were webcast online to the world.  In its lead-up and during its execution, the production built a content syndication partnership with STV, and technical consultancy partnership with Envirodigital. The webinar will look at this ambitious digital project through the eyes of both supporting partners as well as the NTS, to explore the issues and opportunities of digitising live, cultural experiences; crowdsourcing content; and building online audiences.

Tickets are free but places are limited – book a ticket via<http://www.gsaevents.com/ambitionwebinar7sept>

Agenda
1330 - 1400: Arrivals and coffee
1400 - 1405: Julie Tait - Welcome from Culture Sparks and AmbITion Scotland
1415 - 1515: The Five Minute Theatre Project, in an Hour
1515 - 1545: Questions from live and online audiences
1545            : Close of live web stream
1545 -1615:  Hot drinks and networking

Speakers
Marianne Maxwell
, National Theatre of Scotland, Project Co-ordinator on Five Minute Theatre
Robert Dawson Scott,
 STV
Hannah Rudman, Envirodigital

This webinar is produced by AmbITion Scotland, a project managed by Culture Sparks – the intelligence and innovation partnership for the cultural sector, and funded by Creative Scotland with funds from the National Lottery. The Glasgow School of Art is delighted to be co-hosting this event with AmbITion Scotland.

There are a limited number of places at the live event, but we will live video stream the session and make it available on-demand afterwards.

More information via
http://www.gsaevents.com/ambitionwebinar7sept