Distinguish between user input and session.setValue() in on('change') event?

Scott Means

Aug 25, 2022, 11:37:45 AM8/25/22
to Ajax.org Cloud9 Editor (Ace)
I'm trying to figure out if there is an easy way to determine if the change event originated from user interaction or from me calling the .setValue() method. I've looked in the delta object and the code, and I didn't see anything promising. Am I missing something, or will I have to roll my own wrapper around it to guard?

Thanks in advance for any insight!

Harutyun Amirjanyan

Aug 25, 2022, 12:05:38 PM8/25/22
to ace-d...@googlegroups.com
There is no builtin way to achieve this, but it is possible to use a flag before calling setValue or other methods.