Install packages in ace editor

Manickaraj Pitchai Murugan

Mar 28, 2023, 4:09:48 AM3/28/23
to Ajax.org Cloud9 Editor (Ace)
Hi Team,

Is there a way to install packages and then compile, in ace editor? If so, please clarify how to integrate packages and compile logic in our web application likely in angular/react, for multiple languages like python, java,etc.

Thanks,
Manick

Harutyun Amirjanyan

Mar 28, 2023, 12:45:46 PM3/28/23
to ace-d...@googlegroups.com
Ace does not provide any facilities to compile or run code.

Manickaraj Pitchai Murugan

Mar 29, 2023, 3:04:13 AM3/29/23
to Ajax.org Cloud9 Editor (Ace)
Thanks for the update!

Can we integrate browsers in Ace?

Manickaraj Pitchai Murugan

Apr 5, 2023, 10:14:07 AM4/5/23
to Ajax.org Cloud9 Editor (Ace)
Team- Did anyone get a chance to look into this? Can we integrate browsers in Ace?

Harutyun Amirjanyan

Apr 6, 2023, 11:15:47 AM4/6/23
to ace-d...@googlegroups.com
ace is a library that renders code inside a browser, it doesn't compile code and doesn't run programs, so i don't see what can "integrating browser" mean in this context.

Manickaraj Pitchai Murugan

Apr 6, 2023, 1:03:51 PM4/6/23
to Ajax.org Cloud9 Editor (Ace)
I understand that Ace is not supporting compile/run the code. As we can embed ace into our own web applications, can we integrate browsers like chrome, edge into ace?  So that we're expecting to have a browser integrated into our web application.

Thanks,
Manick

gouse feroz

Apr 11, 2023, 1:23:08 AM4/11/23
to Ajax.org Cloud9 Editor (Ace)
No, you cannot integrate the browsers into ACE. Ace Editor is a javascript library that renders code inside a browser. Perhaps if you can mention your use case, the group can help or point out in the right direction.