Focus issues for Ace

Chan

Aug 25, 2022, 11:37:45 AM8/25/22
to Ajax.org Cloud9 Editor (Ace)
When I append a new element to the document, the editor i'm currently in will lose focus. (I'm using "appendChild" to append an iframe to a div, NOT the one where the editor currently resides). Is there a way around this? It resets the cursor and it's very annoying for users.

Harutyun Amirjanyan

Aug 25, 2022, 12:14:12 PM8/25/22
to ace-d...@googlegroups.com
Doesn't the same happen when using simple textarea instead of ace?

this browser feature seems to provide a solution https://chromestatus.com/feature/5179186249465856 but it is not standardized yet, so until that the only thing seems to be changing the page in  iframe to not autofocus.