ACDE Forum

Mary Ango

Jun 23, 2008, 1:12:54 PM6/23/08
to acde-2008-onlin...@googlegroups.com
Am sorry I was out of internet range on official duties all this while, so could not be up to date and participate in the forum session of the ACDE Conference . Please sign me on to participate in this last week on-line virtual forum. Greatful if I can be enlisted. CONGRATULATIONS PROF O. JEGEDE FOR THE SUCCESS OF ACDE SO FAR AND BY GOD'S GRACE EVERYTHING WILL BE A SUCCESS.                  Mary L.Ango

Sent from Yahoo! Mail.
A Smarter Email.

Santosh Panda

Jun 25, 2008, 8:59:02 AM6/25/08
to acde-2008-onlin...@googlegroups.com
Dear Mary:

Hi. Thanks a lot, and welcome to the virtual forum--and to our topic
on 'instructional design for OER'. I certainly look forward to see you
at the conference.

I am sure you will be very valuable to join and contribute to the
design issues concerning open education resources.

Warm regards.
Santosh
Professor Santosh Panda
Facilitator for ACDE virtual forum on 'Instructioanl design for OERs'

--
Santosh Panda, PhD,
Professor of Distance Education & Director,

Johnson

Jun 25, 2008, 9:22:02 AM6/25/08
to acde-2008-onlin...@googlegroups.com
Dear Prof Panda,
I have been reading the exchanges with pleasure and look forward to the
conference. I am an instructional designer from the Florida State
University, Tallahassee, Florida, USA. Since the 1980s instructional design
principles have been applied in developing electronic materials. I have been
experimenting with difference technological devices in the market to create
instructional learning episodes using multi-media techniques. But, the
results have been slow in getting students and teachers motivated here in
Africa. One reason for the slow progress is the availability of resources to
students and lack of skills of teachers. Another reason is that students
still lean towards teacher-led instruction, especially where there is an
ample opportunity for interaction.

I have experimented with alternative approaches knowing that electronic
multi-media lessons are in competition against textbooks, live teachers and
student study groups. At last, we have begun to see a change of attitude in
more theoretic subject matters in mathematics, physics, chemistry and
biology. To date we have developed e-lessons to focus on subject matters
that most find difficult to learn.

I hope sharing my experience in developing electronic lessons may provide
insight into how to develop stimulating lessons.

See you at the conference!!!!

Dr. Johnson Odharo,
Chief of Party,
USAID-AED EQUIP II Project,