Summary of week 3 of the Virtual Forum: 16th- 22nd JUNE 2008

Professor Olugbemiro Jegede

Jun 23, 2008, 5:56:21 AM6/23/08
to acde-2008-onlin...@googlegroups.com
Let me, on your behalf, thank Prof Panda of IGNOU, India for an excellent facilitation of the third week of our virtual forum which focused on Instructional Design and Collaborative Authoring of OERs.
The discussion stressed collaborative engagement in designing and developing OER. It was identified that OER requires significant grounding in instructional design, interactive / active / reflective learning, and learning technology. The importance of capacity building for OER design and development was also underscored.
Some general issues which came to the fore and will benefit from further discussion at the f2f meeting include (i) who bears the cost of development? (ii) who owns the copyright of such materials developed thro OER? and (iii) how to address the issue of award/reward for staff who make out time to use OER for instructional multi media design?

The next and last discussion on the virtual form will run this week as follows:

Sub-theme 4 (23-29 June) - 4 Quality assurance in OER.
Facilitator: Professor Olugbemiro Jegede, NOUN

Thank you all for your continued participation.

Prof. Olu Jegede
Chief Moderator of the Virtual Forum.