ACDE2008 KEYNOTE

1 view

olugbenga Ojo

Jun 13, 2008, 1:44:45 PM6/13/08
to acde-2008-onlin...@googlegroups.com
Dear Prof.Terry,

It will be nice to listen to your key note address. Honestly, I wish you focus your address on how technology facilities usage skills can be developed in Africa and how the problem of bandwidth can be resolved. It is the availability that can increase access.Access to educational technology facilities is expensive in Africa

Olugbenga David Ojo (Ph.D)

Toyin Oloniteru

Jun 16, 2008, 6:32:35 AM6/16/08
to acde-2008-onlin...@googlegroups.com
Dear Dr. Ojo,

No doubt the cheaper the bandwidth the higher the access would be.
However, the issue of access is being addressed at the
telecommunications policy level including Universal Service Provision
Fund (USPF) - http://www.uspf.gov.ng and this is the case in many
other African countries.

The real challenges we have with respect to educational technology are
really the soft issues such as educational technology management in
the information age (online, e-learning etc), pedagogies of e-learning
and development of e-champion scheme that help to prepare a large
number of Africans for the new way of learning. People are still very
much attached to the face-to-face form of learning, which is still
very useful but as we progress in the information age, there will be
no doubt that people must embrace the new way of learning. This is
where our challenges are.

Imagine the way we are using this online virtual forum for instance!
How could we have achieve this in a face-to-face situation considering
the cost among others. This is a good beginning. It is nice to have
you in the forum and hope to interact more with you.

Sincerely,

Olutoyin J. Oloniteru.

2008/6/13 olugbenga Ojo <olugbe...@gmail.com>:

--
Toyin Oloniteru
Lagos, Nigeria

AhA

Jun 16, 2008, 7:51:54 AM6/16/08
to acde-2008-onlin...@googlegroups.com

Prof TA,

I agree, that a key note that addresses ameliorating bandwidth costs and indigenous/ domestic human resource capacity building will be extremely useful.  I would also with to see you touch on how best to scale up projects/ programs given the real constraints we face.

AhA