Using Accord.net on windows phone

lorenzoBrutti

Oct 9, 2012, 4:37:44 PM10/9/12
to accor...@googlegroups.com
Hello,
i'm an Italian IT student and i need to develop a college project around a nokia lumia 710.
I'd like tu use the camera for simple image comparison/recognition (given a set of symbol, i want to point to a similar simbol with the phone camera and associate it to the best matching symbol of my predefined set).
is it possible to do so using the Accord.net library in my Windows Phone c# project?

i was thinking about using aforge.net, but, as far as i know, i can't use that library on Windows Phone 7.

Thanks and thank you for this very useful library!

Lorenzo

César

Oct 9, 2012, 4:53:53 PM10/9/12
to accor...@googlegroups.com
Hi Lorenzo,

It is possible to use portions of the Accord.NET and AForge.NET in Windows Phone. However, you will not be able to direct link the binary assemblies (.dlls) into your application. Most likely, you will need to link it from source. You can take a look, for example, at the Point-and-Call application for Windows 7. It is also available in the marketplace.

To make his application, the developer started with one of my articles about handwriting recognition and substituted the handwritten digits with his own set of training digits. He trained KernelSupportVectorMachine / MulticlassSupportVectorMachine models using his own data and then adapted the code to work on Windows Phone.

Perhaps it should be possible to make something similar. Please let me know what do you think!

Best regards,
Cesar

lorenzoBrutti

Oct 9, 2012, 5:30:59 PM10/9/12
to accor...@googlegroups.com
Thank you very much!
i'll let you know if i find some other way tu use Aforge and Accord in WP.

thank you again!
Lorenzo

cure...@gmail.com

Dec 16, 2013, 7:19:10 AM12/16/13
to accor...@googlegroups.com
Lorenzo, I realize it's been a while since you posted about Windows Phone, but I have now ported Accord (and AForge) to target for example Win Phone 8.

Please see this post for more info: https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/accord-net/XSJE_NJxKuU

Regards,
Anders @ Cureos