Request for Apple-signed / notarized ARM version of VDJ Accessibility Extension (M4 MacBook Air). Actions available

5 views
Skip to first unread message

Nolan Parish

unread,
Sep 30, 2026, 6:09:20 AM (4 days ago) Sep 30
to accessible...@googlegroups.com
Hi Pete,

My name is Nolan.

Thank you so much for creating and maintaining the free VDJ Accessibility Extension — it is a huge help for blind and visually impaired DJ’s.

I’m trying to use the ARM (Apple Silicon) version of the VDJ Accessibility Extension (downloaded from virtualdjaccessibility.com) on my 2025 M4 MacBook Air running the latest macOS.

I’m pairing it with the current version of Virtual DJ, which is Virtual DJ 2026 Build 9644.

When I download and attempt to open the ARM version of the extension, macOS Gate keeper blocks it with the message that Apple couldn’t verify the software and that it may be malicious.

I understand this is because the app is not currently signed with an Apple Developer ID and notarized.

Would it be possible for you to update the Mac builds (especially the ARM version) so they are properly code-signed and notarized by Apple?

That would make the installation much smoother for Mac users like myself and avoid the need for workarounds.

I’m happy to provide any extra details or help test a new build if that would be useful.

Thank you again for all the work you put into this project.

It is greatly appreciated.

Best Regards,
Nolan Parish

PS,

I’m currently running macOS 27.0.1 Golden Gate.



J.J. Meddaugh

unread,
Sep 30, 2026, 10:24:03 AM (4 days ago) Sep 30
to accessible...@googlegroups.com
He'd have to pay for a developer account, so probably not worth it.



--
www.virtualdjaccessibility.com
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "AccessibleDJSoftware" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to accessibledjsoft...@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion, visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/accessibledjsoftware/DF131368-58D5-49D8-ACE1-F76DBBAD4D64%40gmail.com.
Reply all
Reply to author
Forward
0 new messages