runSpeed or runspeedToPosition differences

jimmyv...@gmail.com

Aug 29, 2021, 1:07:06 PM8/29/21
to accelstepper
I can't seem to understand what my code is trying to do and was playing with runSpeed to get my steppers to move properly.

I have read the documentation numerous times but it isn't very helpful at what to do.

If I make a call to move(1) and then setSpeed(100) would I use runSpeed() or runSpeedToPosition()?

I currently use move(1) and setSpeed(100) with runSpeedToPosition() and the motor moves correctly, but when I want to send the stepper back I make the call move(-1) and then setSpeed(100) and it moves the stepper clockwise(CW) instead of CCW as coded.

What have I done wrong?